I am so excited to be running in the 2018 London Marathon with the Run for Autism team. I would be honored if you would help support my efforts with a donation to the Organization for Autism Research. Thank you so much and I look forward to running the race for this important cause.
Your donation will help OAR:
- Fund more than $3.6 million for new autism research: 98 grants/$3,345,000 for pilot studies and $191,660 in grants to 105 graduates
- Award $476,000 in scholarships to 156 persons with autism attending college or vocational-technical schools after high school
- Publish guides in the Life Journey through Autism series: including A Parent’s Guide to Research, An Educator’s Guide to Autism, An Educator’s Guide to Asperger Syndrome, A Guide for Transition to Adulthood, A Parent’s Guide to Assessment, A Guide for Military Families, Navigating the Special Education System, and A Guide to Safety
- Fund Operation Autism, a website that provides military families impacted by autism with information 24/7
- Fund the “Autism in the School House” program built around the Kit for Kids Peer Education Initiative and Understanding Autism, a “Curriculum-in-a-Box” containing resource guides and a curriculum DVD that gives middle and high school teachers a basic understanding of autism and best practices for teaching students with autism
- Create and delivere new resources related to siblings of individuals with autism, one for parents, one for teen siblings, and a fun workbook for younger siblings.
- Fund Hire Autism, a unique jobs portal that allows adults with autism to meet prospective employers in an autism-friendly online meeting space.