OAR's Finding Your Way: A College Guide for Students on the Spectrum features practical advice from autism experts, powerful narratives from self-advocates, and helpful resource tools. It is intended to help prospective and current students with ASD anticipate and address academic and social issues often faced in the college environment.
More specifically, the guide discusses:
- Changes in disability supports from high school to college
- Self-advocacy and disclosure
- Academic supports and accommodations
- Daily routines and structure
- Social relationships and conflict resolution
- Jobs, internships, and financial aid
Download Finding Your Way: A College Guide for Students on the Spectrum: To download the PDF version of this resource, right click the link and choose "Save Target As" to save the guide to your computer. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the Guide.
If you work with students on the autism spectrum and wish to use this guide to supplement your transition-related curriculum, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.